10.08.2008

Typography!

Here is an assignment all about typography. Our Professor gave us some sayings and we had to use Photoshop to create a meaning we wanted to convey. I had a hard time with some of the phrases, but the three I'm posting here were my favorites.

The American Dream is something that I think many people don't achieve. When I think of it I think of money, so I got a picture of million dollar bill and merged it in with the word dream. I added a shadow behind it to distance the dream from the "American" part of it because many people do not achieve it or they just lose sight of it.



I personally believe the second one is the most important. I wanted to stress the importance of voting and therefore just made the word vote the biggest. I thought of this saying as a sign someone might hold or you would see in a lawn. It's not who you vote for, but that you go out and vote.



This one is kind of comical. It has such a ridiculous blood splatter that it makes it seem like a joke, but it also grabs your attention. I wanted to stress the lethality of AIDS and that's the reason for those words being bigger. Apathy is small because I didn't think it was too important to what I was trying to convey, but the word apathy even takes on it's meaning and hides in between the other words. I took a picture and masked it over the words and used cloning.

No comments: