2.02.2009

Assignment 1: Hercless


Hercless from Josh Carlson on Vimeo.

For my remix/mashup I decided to compare love scenes in two different movies, “Hercules” and “Clueless.” At first I thought this was going to be impossible since one is animated and one is live-action, but to my surprise they were almost the same. To successfully portray the similarities between the scenes I had to match the emotions of the “Clueless” characters to the movements of the “Hercules” characters.
I wanted to show the similarities between the two love scenes and how they play out almost exactly the same. Each scene follows a certain trend starting with the female starting something and the male trying to comfort her. Then the male makes a mistake in his words and the female gets upset. Finally the male comforts her and they finally kiss at the end. I thought it was funny that both movies followed this exact same pattern.

7 comments:

Sam said...

love it. if i hadn't seen either of these movies i would believe that this was the real dialogue. very nice job, josh!

Andrew French said...

Nicely done! The audio from Clueless and imagery from Hercules went well with one another. Most of the dialogue seemed to match quite well. There were a few spots that were off, but it wasn't that noticeable. I was too caught up in the dialogue to notice. I enjoyed it. Great Job.

Robert Croma said...

Fantastic!!

Excellent idea, brilliantly and imaginatively executed. Fabulous work Josh.

Josh said...

Two great tastes that taste great together?

Evan R. said...

That correlation is definitely kind of weird. The dialogue does match up pretty well. I love the dual stutterings. haha.

Matthew said...

Great mashup, the scenes even feel simliar in these pieces, nice job with the dialogue and facial expressions!

Brian said...

cool. Great matching!!!